Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Color of humor



I began with the idea that the color of humor is bright red, yellow, blue and orange. I imagined the colors of a clown. Isn't there such a thing as "blue humor?" That's for risque jokes, right? And there's "black humor," meaning humor that is macabre or darkly ironic. But I wanted slapstick humor, and that is the color of meringue pies.

I did great with the color but I could not for the life of me, come up with a humorous image that was not representational. I kept thinking that I had to see something I could recognize as funny. So while I was playing with colors, I accidentally came up with this image.

These figures remind me of poker chips, or bingo chips or winning the lottery. It looks like I've hit the jackpot. So although this is a lousy image of humor, it's a great image of good luck. And maybe I'll have better luck on my next assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment